However, one thing I have always hated when on vacation with the family is having to waste precious vacation time wandering around an unfamiliar grocery store, trying to get all the food for the week crammed into my cart, while the kids whine "When are we going to get to the beach, Mom?"
Well, in this age of Internet and eager-to-please grocery chains, all that is a thing of the past for me now! I present to you . . . Lowes Foods To Go Service!
The nearest Lowes Foods location is about 5 miles from our condo*, and they offer (YAY!) a "Lowes Foods To Go" service, which means that you can order your groceries online before your trip, and either have them delivered to the condo after you arrive - or just pick them up on your way in (which costs less than delivery). Just register yourself on their website, select the store you want (see below) and start shopping!
Lowes Foods - Store #230 of Sunset Beach - 6278 Beach Drive, Unit 5 Ocean Isle Beach, NC
What's not to love?
Just to make things a little easier for you, here's a short list of staples & supplies to get you started in planning for your Summer vacation at Sunset Beach Bliss:
- Coffee or Tea
- Sugar or sweetener
- Old Bay Seasoning (note: we do try to keep salt, pepper, & cinnamon in the condo's kitchen for our guests, so you shouldn't need to worry about those)
- Dishwasher detergent & dish soap
- Extra toilet paper (Of course, we provide an initial supply in the bathrooms)
- cooking oil
- paper towels/napkins
- plastic wrap
- Laundry detergent
- Briquettes for the Grille
* There's also a Food Lion, that's even closer.